31 December 2017

Postcards of 2017

2017 was a phenomenal year for me. Ticked most of my bucket list 
and travelled 25 cities, 12 countries and went home to my home country, the Philippines. 
Started the year with a month long holiday in Europe.

~ JANUARY ~
Walked along the pebbly shores of Promenade-des-Anglais, admired the luxury yachts moored in the harbour of Monte Carlo. It was so surreal to experience the glamour and beauty of the French Riviera.

Got inspired by the stunning works of Antoni Gaudi and tasted the best paella in La Rambla.

Enjoyed a vintage carriage ride that trundles through Lisbon's prettiest and most historic streets.

Admired the breathtakingly beautiful sunset in Portugal whilst eating the best pastel de nata from the 
world-famous Pasteis de Belem.

Strolled to the very top of Piazalle Michelangelo and enjoyed a panoramic view of the city skyline of Florence.

Amazed by the sheer loveliness of an exquisite city that seems miraculously built on water.  

Braved the cold in Prague, walked on Medieval cobblestone streets, watched the astronomical clock which gives an animated hourly show and tried a traditional Czech food: Goulash and Trdelnik. 

And lastly, savouring the world's best gelato in Rome to wrap up my winter holiday.

~APRIL~
I became a patient myself when I had my Gynae related Laparoscopy under General Anaesthesia. Thank you to my ever supportive husband and friends who were there for me at all times. I was so giddy to be discharged so I can recover fast because I already booked my week long birthday holiday. Hahaha.

~ MAY ~
My birthday this year was extra special because I was able to witness the world's most beautiful garden as it springs to life with one of the great symbols of the Netherlands, the tulip. Visited well-preserved windmills in the lovely picturesque village of Zaanse Schans and of course got naughty for a day in the Red Light District and Coffeeshops in Amsterdam. 

~ JUNE ~
Stunned and fascinated by the panoramic northern bank of the Danube in Budapest.

~JULY~
Owned this Bad Boy.

Drove nearly an hour to see the beauty of the ancient and modern city of Oxford.

~ AUGUST ~
Amazed by the history of the Berlin Wall.

Loved the superb views of Hamburg's grandest buildings, port, beautiful lakes, canals and bridges.

Escaped the hustle and bustle of city life and visited Potsdam for a day and explored the magnificent palaces and parks. 

~ SEPTEMBER ~
Then I was promoted as a Sister Charge Nurse at work, I was so overwhelmed after the interview that I posted "Thank you Lord!" #blessed on Facebook and made everyone think that I'm pregnant! hahaha. Oh my...

Enjoyed a nice wine during a friend's wedding in Venlo.

Felt like I'm in a fairytale in this medieval castle nestled in the hills above the Moselle River, hidden in the middle of the forest, and is filled with tantalising secrets.

Experienced a quaint and relaxing holiday in the old medieval town of Cochem, the panoramic view of the Mosel river valley is awe-inspiring. 

Climbed up the 328 steps to the top of the tower of Emperor's Cathedral just to see the unmatched view of the surrounding old town.

~OCTOBER~
Spent our 4th Wedding Anniversary in the beautiful Northern Ireland.

~ NOVEMBER ~
I never truly felt what pain feels like till my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer and undergone surgery. 
That moment when you actually feel the pain from hearing something that breaks your heart.
I was scared. So scared that I might lose her forever.
It reminded me that life is short and very unpredictable, we never know what will happen tomorrow so we have to make the most of it. Cherish the people who are in your life and don't get tired of showing them your love.

~ DECEMBER ~

At some point of my life I was very happy, felt so blessed, then there are times that I cried, felt so sad, depressed, got crossed, mad and of course insert the crazy moments in between (maglawg ug baboy! 😜) that made me feel the imperfections of life. As I became older, I learned so many things that made me better, wiser and more grateful. I have ups and downs as well like everyone else but I didn't give up and embraced the trials and challenges with a smile (Like my mum's signature smile).

Sad to say goodbye to you 2017 and THANK YOU for the lovely memories. 
Hello 2018!!!

How was your 2017 been?
 Get inspired and share your story. 




No comments:

POPULAR POSTS